KANSAI THRU PASS
This ticket enables you to ride on subways, private railways and buses throughout the Kansai district. As well as enabling you to tour Osaka, Kobe and Kyoto, it lets you visit Nara, Wakayama and Koyasan. Purchasing the economical KANSAI THRU PASS that comes in two types; 2-day and 3-day, will let you enjoy a more value-for-money holiday.
The Pass can be used on unconsecutive days during its period of validity (example: Mon, Wed and Fri in the case of a 3-day ticket)
❊One day is counted as the duration from the first train to the last train in a day. (Not 24 hours from the time when you purchase it.)
KANSAI THRU PASS – Such a deal!!
- From Kyoto to Osaka, Kobe, Mt. Hiei and Himeji. Get on and off the train or bus bound for Wakayama, Nara and Koyasan as you like during the period of validity (Excluding JR lines. Check the map for the available trains and buses).
- You can use the train or bus without going through the troublesome task of checking the complicated rate table to buy tickets and you won't need to buy another ticket every time you make connections.
- You can benefit from complimentary discount promotions at 350 major tourist facilities along the railway lines.
- It can be used from Kansai Airport Station on the Nankai Train after arriving at Kansai International Airport (The Express Rapi:t requires additional tariff).
- Receive a free guidebook in English, Chinese, Korean language.
KANSAI THRU PASS Types and Prices
|Type of ticket
||Child (Ages 6 to 12)
[Spring / Summer Edition]
Sales period:April 1 - September 30 of each year
Valid period: April 1 - October 31 of each year
[Autumn / Winter Edition]
Sales period:October 1 of each year - March 31 of the following year
Valid period :October 1 of each year - April 30 of the following year
Who can get KANSAI THRU PASS......
KANSAI THRU PASS is a special ticket available only for tourists visiting Japan for the purpose of sightseeing. You will need to meet one of the following requirements in purchasing a ticket.
- A foreign tourist visiting Japan from abroad on a [short stay] entry status.
- A Japanese national living abroad.
- A person accompanying those who meet the requirements 1 and 2 above as their guide.
Where to buy KANSAI THRU PASS in Japan
Buy the ticket from the following ticket offices in Japan.
(Access / Opening hours)
* You will be required to present your passport and fill out an application form when purchasing the ticket.
- Kansai Tourist Information Center Kansai International Airport(1st Floor / 07:00 – 22:00)
- Nankai Electric Railway Kansai-Airport Station Ticket Office (5:00 – 23:29)
- Osaka Airport Information Center (1st floor, North and South Terminals / North Terminal: 8:00 – 21:00 South Terminal: 6:30 – 21:00)
- Kyoto Station Bus Information Center (Kyoto Station Karasuma Exit / 07:30 – 19:30)
- Osaka Visitors' Information Center – Namba (Inside the General Information Center Namba on the 1F of Nankai Building / 09:00 – 20:00)
- Kansai Tourist Information Center Shinsaibashi(11:00~19:00)
- Osaka Tourist Information Center（OPA 8F, Exit 7, Subway Shinsaibashi Stn/09:00 – 21:00）
- Osaka Visitors' Information Center – Umeda (JR Osaka Station, Central Ticket Gate / 08:00 – 20:00)
- Nara City Tourist Information Center (Alight at Kintetsu Nara Station / 09:00 – 21:00)
- Shin-Osaka Youth Hostel (Alight at Osaka Municipal Subway Shin-osaka Station / 06:00 – 23:00)
- Hankyu Tourist Center Umeda Osaka (8:00 – 17:00)
How to get KANSAI THRU PASS.....
- The KANSAI THRU PASS can be purchased directly from a travel agency in your country.
Countries such as Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Thailand, etc.
*It is also available from the following hotels. (Guests only)
- Hotel New Hankyu Osaka
- Sheraton Miyako Hotel Osaka
- Fraser Residence Nankai Osaka
- Osaka Castle Hotel
- Hearton Hotel Shinsaibashi
- Hearton Hotel Minami Semba
- Dotonbori Hotel
- Kobe Portopia Hotel
- SANNOMIYA TERMINAL HOTEL
Notes for the use of KANSAI THRU PASS
- The ticket is for one person only.
- The ticket holder can use the trains and buses in the designated area during the period of validity.
* It cannot be used on JR lines, airport limousine bus or reserved seat buses. It may not be valid on some routes.
- When using the ticket, insert it into the automatic ticket gate in the direction of the arrow printed on the ticket.
- When using the reserved seat express train of the Nankai Electric Railway or Kinki Nippon Railway, please purchase a separate express ticket, special coach ticket and/or reserved seat ticket.
- The ticket can be reissued at major stations if the magnetic strip fails to function during your journey.
- Tickets will not be reissued when lost.
- Refund for tickets can be issued at the point of purchase only if they have not been used (handling fee may apply).
* Only applicable when the ticket is still valid and all the coupons in the guidebook are unused.
- Tickets will not be refunded for suspended services by a transportation company once the ticket has been used.
- If the ticket is used illegally, it will be invalidated and collected, and additional fare will be charged, according to the regulations of each transportation company.
- Separate fare will be required for journeys outside the valid zone. Please inquire the station staff.
* Please be advised that you may be required to present the back of your ticket on routes operated by some transportation companies.
Check the map for areas where the KANSAI THRU PASS can be used.
Please note that the pass cannot be used on some routes.
(As of April 1,2015)
When picture is clicked, the detailed map of PDF form can be seen.
This map requires Adobe Reader
This is the area map of "KANSAI THRU PASS", and differs from usual "SURUTTO KANSAI" use area.
Available at Railway Bus Line.Not available at some Lines. Please confirm "Note!!"
- EIZAN ELECTRIC RAILWAY
- OSAKA MUNICIPAL SUBWAY/BUS/NEWTRAM
- OSAKA MONORAIL
- KITA-OSAKA KYUKO RAILWAY
- KYOTO MUNICIPAL SUBWAY/BUS
- KINKI NIPPON RAILWAY (KINTETSU)*(partially)
- KEIHAN ELECTRIC RAILWAY*(partially)
- RANDEN (KEIFUKU RAILWAY)
- KOBE RAPID TRANSIT
- KOBE MUNICIPAL SUBWAY / BUS
- KOBE ELECTRIC RAILWAY (SHINTETSU)
- SANYO ELECTRIC RAILWAY
- SEMBOKU RAPID RAILWAY
- NANKAI ELECTRIC RAILWAY
- NOSE RAILWAY
- HANKYU RAILWAY
- HANSHIN ELECTRIC RAILWAY
- HIEIZAN SAKAMOTO CABLE
- PORT LINER/ROKKO LINER
- HOKUSHIN KYUKO RAILWAY
- AMAGASAKI TRANSPORTATION SERVICE
- AMAGASAKI CITY BUS
- ITAMI CITY BUS
- KYOTO BUS
- KINTETSU BUS*(partially)
- KYOTO KEIHAN BUS
- KEIHAN KYOTO KOTSU
- KEIHAN BUS
- KOBE CITY TRANSPORT PROMOTION
- SANYO BUS
- SHINTETSU BUS
- TAKATSUKI CITY BUS
- NANKAI WING BUS KANAOKA
- NANKAI WING BUS NANBU
- NANKAI BUS
- NANKAI RINKAN BUS
- HANKYU DEN-EN BUS*
- HANKYU BUS*
- HANSHIN BUS
- WAKAYAMA BUS
- WAKAYAMA BUS NAGA
*....When you use these Lines, you fill date of use on the ticket's back cover in black oil pen and submit it to the station staff.
- A LIMOUSIN BUS, HIGHWAY BUS, MIDNIGHT EXPRESS BUS
- Not available.
- The USJ SHUTTLE BUS
- Not available
- KINTETSU / NANKAI RAILWAY DESIGNATED SEAT EXPRESS
- Additional charge when in designated seat in KINTETSU / NANKAI RAILWAY
*Please note that the pass cannot be used on some routes.